- Generic Name : Valacyclovir
- Brand Name : Valtrex
- Manufacture Name : Cipla Ltd.
- Presentation : Tablets
- Delivery Days : 10 To 12 Working Days
Valcivir is an antiviral medicine used to treat infections caused by viruses. It doesn’t cure the infection; the virus continues to stay in the body between the outbreaks. The drug reduces the length and severity of the outbreaks alongside treating the symptoms. On diagnosis of your condition, you can buy valcivir 500mg online or in retail pharmacies if prescribed by your doctor.
What are the uses of this medicine?
Valcivir is used for viral infection outbreaks and helps alleviate the symptoms to provide relief. A few of such use cases are as follows:
- Genital herpes - This medicine is used to treat genital herpes, a condition that is transmitted by sex activity caused by herpes simplex virus. It is used in treatment of genital herpes and prevents the future outbreaks of the infection in individuals, especially HIV positive individuals having frequent episodes.
- Cold sores - This medicine is used in children and adults to treat cold sores around the mouth caused by herpes simplex.
- Chicken pox - This medicine is used to treat chicken pox, an infection caused by the Varicella Zoster. It may also be used to prevent chickenpox in susceptible patients.
- Shingles - This medicine is used to treat shingles caused by herpes zoster. The condition is characterized by rashes and blisters.
How does it work?
When the drug gets metabolized in the body, Acyclo-GTP, the active triphosphate metabolite of aciclovir, selectively inhibits the viral DNA polymerase, which is incorporated into the viral DNA, resulting in chain termination essential in the virus reproduction. This prevents the multiplication of virus cells and helps eradicate the infection.
What are the common side effects of Valcivir medicine?
General experience of side effects include nausea, headache, abdominal pain and sleep difficulties. In rare cases you may have life threatening side effects, if you have underlying conditions such as HIV infection, lung diseases among others. If any of the side effects persist or worsen, immediately talk to your doctor.
Talk to a doctor or pharmacist, when you buy valcivir online or in retail stores of side effects that are expected to your specific condition.
Check the label of the product and other user documentation provided with the medicine, for side effects you may not have told you.
The common and severe side effects are as follows:
- Stomach pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Chest pain
- Trouble speaking
- Shaky movements
- Shortness of breath
- Decrease in frequency of urination
How to use this medicine?
The use of the medicine is best utilized under medical supervision. The use and dosage of the medicine depends on the condition and its severity. Buy valcivir 500mg online or otherwise with your doctor's approval for use.
Take the medicine orally, through mouth; with or without food as per your doctors instructions.
The medicine is recommended for use within 24 hrs of infection as soon as the symptoms show.
In case of the shingles or chickenpox, take the medicine at the first sign or immediately after the rash appears. In the case of cold sores or genital herpes, initiate treatment with medicine at the first sign or when you start feeling tingling or itching symptoms.
Swallow the medicines whole along with plenty of fluids to avoid any side effects.
It is advised not to quit the treatment in between until the infection is completely healed as it may further intensify the problem.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible, once you remember. Do not take extra doses at once, exceeding the prescribed dosage. You may skip one dose if it is close to the next scheduled dose.
Any overdose with the medifine is likely to result in severe adverse effects. Get medical help immediately if you have overdosed.
What are the precautions to be followed with the use of medicine?
- It is recommended to talk to your doctor about your medical history and other details that may contradict the treatment with this medicine.
- You should buy valcivir online or otherwise from safe trusted sources on recommendation of doctor only.
- Before taking valcivir, tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine or any of the inactive ingredients involved.
- Cold sores tend to spread easily, therefore avoid any physical contact while treating the infection with this medicine. Avoid touching the sores and wash your hands if you do.
- Caution is to be exercised if the patient has liver impairment problems as it may cause worsening of the funcion. Necessary readjusted measures and regular monitoring of the condition is recommended.
- If you are on drug use of any kind especially Amikacin, Cidofovir, Cisplatin, Tacrolimus talk to your doctor before you buy valcivir online as it may cause unwanted drug interactions.
What are the substitutes available for this medicine?
Any kind of medicine substitution should be approved by your doctor for safety purposes. You may buy valcivir 500mg online or replace it with these substitutes provided below.
- Valamac 500mg Tablet - Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Valcet 500mg Tablet - Kivi Labs Ltd
- Valanext 500mg Tablet - Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Zimivir 500 Tablet - Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Valtoval 500 Tablet - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
This product should be stored in a cool, dry place away from sunlight and moisture.
Keep it out of sight and reach of pets and children to avoid poisoning.
- What is the duration for the onset of the effects for the medicine?
The exact duration for the onset of the medicine is not established as it changes from person to person.
- Is it safe to take with alcohol?
Valcivir rarely causes dizziness, and may heighten the effects in combination with alcohol. Do not engage in driving or high risk activities if you are on alcohol with Valcivir.
- Is the medicine safe for breastfeeding women?
The medicine is known to pass into children through breastfeeding, but produces no side effects. Check with your doctor before use.
- Is the medicine safe for pregnant women?
The medicine is considered safe for use in pregnant women. Though, it is recommended for use if clearly needed at your doctor’s discretion.
Buy valcivir 500mg online with AllDayMed
AllDayMed is an online retailer with a large assortment of medicines available for the benefit of customers. Through our pharmacy one can order their prescriptions effortlessly for easy and reliable service. Visit us on AllDayMed.com to shop now.