Drug Treatments For Alzheimer
Alzheimer'S Disease Medications
What is Alzheimer’s disease?
Dementia which is a generic term used to indicate brain injuries or the diseases which happen to negatively affect overall thinking, behavior as well as memory of a person. Alzheimer’s disease is a form of dementia. This trouble is known to have some major interference in the daily life of the affected person.
According to an in-depth study and research on this matter it has been observed that after the age of 65 it is known to have some serious affect. If it’s diagnosed before the age of 65, it’s generally referred to as an early onset of Alzheimer’s disease. One truth and fact that holds true is that there’s no cure for Alzheimer’s, however there exist some very efficient and effective treatments that can slow the progression of the disease.
What are some facts you must know about Alzheimer’s disease?
Although most people have already know and have heard of Alzheimer’s disease, however, some people aren’t sure of exactly what it is. So, here are some good to know facts about the Alzheimer condition:
- Alzheimer’s disease is a severe chronic condition which is progressive in nature.
- The symptoms appear gradually and also happen to effect overall working of the brain which is degenerative, it means it causes a slow decline.
- There’s no definite cure for Alzheimer’s trouble however, drug treatment for Alzheimer can definitely help slower down the progression of the disease and may improve quality of life.
- Anyone can be affected with Alzheimer’s disease, but it is in certain people are at higher risk for it. This includes people over age 65 and those with a family history of the condition.
- Alzheimer as well as dementia aren’t the same thing.
- Alzheimer’s disease medication helps people handle the overall condition.
- It can be understood as a type of dementia.
- Some people affected with Alzheimer live for a long time as compared to the ones who are affected with some mild cognitive damage, while you can definitely expect a rapid onset of symptoms.
What are Alzheimer’s disease causes and possible risk factors?
Experts haven’t yet found or determined a single cause of Alzheimer’s disease but there are some identified risk factors, here are some of those:
- Age. People develop Alzheimer’s disease usually at the age of 65 years or older.
- Family history. You might be subjected to this risk if you have an immediate family member who has developed the condition.
- Genetics. Certain genes are linked with Alzheimer’s disease.
The risk factors happen to develop Alzheimer’s disease. It means simply raise your risk level. Consult a doctor, and learn more about the overall personal risk of developing condition.
What are the possible symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease?
Everyone suffers an episode of forgetfulness from time to time. But, people who are affected with Alzheimer’s disease tend to display some ongoing behaviors and symptoms that tend to worsen over time. These are inclusive of:
- Memory loss which influences every day exercises, for example, the capability to keep appointments.
- Trouble with some day to day and familiar assignments, for instance, utilizing a microwave
- Difficulties with critical thinking.
- Trouble with discourse or composing.
- Becoming bewildered about occasions or places.
- Decreased judgment
- Decreased individual cleanliness
- Mood and character changes
- Withdrawal from companions, family, and network.
Symptoms change according to the stage of the disease.
What are the stages of Alzheimer’s disease?
Alzheimer’s is a very progressive disease, it essentially means that the symptoms would gradually deteriorate over time. Alzheimer’s disease can be broken down into seven stages:
- Stage 1. There happen to be no symptoms at an early stage, however, there might be an early diagnosis which might be solely based on the family history.
- Stage 2. The earliest symptoms tend to appear at this stage, such as forgetfulness.
- Stage 3. Mild physical as well as some major mental impairments tend to appear, which happen to cause you reduced memory and lack of concentration. These are usually noticed by someone close to the person.
- Stage 4. Alzheimer’s disease, is often diagnosed during this stage, but what is important to know is that it is still considered mild at this stage. Memory loss as well as the inability to perform daily tasks become evident.
- Stage 5. Moderate to severe symptoms are visible at this stage, they require help from loved ones or caregivers.
- Stage 6. At this stage, a person may need help with basic tasks, like eating and putting on clothes.
- Stage 7. This is a severe and final stage. An affected person might be at a loss of speech and facial expressions.
What are the possible Alzheimer’s treatments?
In addition to drug treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, there are some important lifestyle changes that can be adopted to help improve the condition. For example, the doctor might be able to develop some custom strategies to help you or your loved one:
- Focus better on tasks at hand
- Eliminate confusion as much as possible
- Avoid any form of confrontation
- Get enough amount of rest every day
- Stay very calm
Apart from drug treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, people tend to believe that vitamin E can also effectively help prevent decline in mental abilities.
Alzheimer’s disease medication
There’s no definite and known cure for Alzheimer’s disease. However, the doctor might be the one to recommend some medications and other possible treatments. For an early to moderate Alzheimer’s disease condition. To treat overall moderate to some severe Alzheimer’s trouble, the doctor might suggest you to prescribe donepezil (Aricept) or memantine (Namenda). Memantine can help block the effects of excess glutamate.
Your doctor might recommend some antidepressants or antianxiety medications, as well as some antipsychotics to effectively help treat symptoms related to Alzheimer’s disease. These symptoms include:
It is always recommended to consult a very reliable as well as experienced doctor and pharmacist before you take any medicine. Alzheimer’s disease medications are available online at some of the reliable pharmacies like All Day Med.