Osteofos 35 Mg
- Generic Name : Sodium Alendronate
- Brand Name : Cipla Ltd.
- Manufacture Name : Fosamax
- Presentation : Tablets
- Delivery Days : 10 To 12 Working Days
Osteofos 35mg is a prescriptive medicine used to treat and prevent osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. This also reduces the risk of fractures in men and women by increasing bone mass. It also treats paget’s disease which is characterised by weak, frail bones It is available in the generic form as Sodium Alendronate, manufactured by Cipla ltd.On doctor’s prescription one can buy Osteofos 35mg online or in retail pharmacy stores.
How does it work?
The compound in the Osteofos called Alendronate is a bisphosphonate. This relocates to sites of resorption and binds to bone hydroxyapatite, consequently inhibiting the activity of osteoclasts, the bone-resorbing cells. It has no direct effect on bone formation and improves bone turnover.
What are the side effects of this medicine?
Side effects are part of the medicative action, when Osteofos is used. Majority of the side effects are mild and non intrusive. Some rare adverse reactions may develop in remote cases and need medical attention. If you experience such issues, check with your doctor immediately.
Talk to a doctor or pharmacist and discuss the side effects before you buy Osteofos 35mg online or otherwise.
Some commonly reported side effects are provided below.
- Abdominal pain
- Acid regurgitation
- Abdominal distention
- Muscle pain
How to use the medicine?
- The use and dosage of the medicine should be followed as per doctor’s prescription after a proper review of your condition. If you get Osteofos 35mg online to start treatment quickly.
- Dosage: Osteofos must be taken at least one and a half hours before the first food, beverage or medication of the day, with a glass of water alone as it may affect the absorption of medicine if taken in any other way. The tablet should not be crushed or chewed to avoid ulceration. Swallow whole with a glass of water.
- For Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women and to increase bone mass in menThe recommended dosage of Osteofos is one 10 mg tablet once daily
- For Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women the recommended dosage of Osteofos is one 5 mg tablet once daily for Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women
- For paget’s disease in men and women, the recommended dosage is 40 mg once a day for 6 months.
- Missed dose: If you have missed a dose, simply take it whenever possible at the earliest. But take two doses close to one other. As this may add up and cause unwanted effects. Keep a schedule for taking the medicine timely.
- Overdose:If you overdose with oral tablets, you may experience hypocalcaemia, upset stomach, heartburn, oesophagitis, gastritis. Milk or antacids can be taken to neutralize the alendronate. Avoid vomiting and remain upright after overdose. Talk to your doctor immediately for proper advice.
Talk to your doctor before you start treatment with this medicine. A brief health review of any existing health conditions along with possible contradictions from using this medicine is to be done. Such details are available if you look up Osteofos 35mg online.
The following list provides the conditions that are likely to result:
Upper Gastrointestinal reactions
This medicine can cause upper gastrointestinal mucosa irritation. Owing to such possible adverse effects, severe caution is to be exercised while administering in patients with upper gastrointestinal problems like dysphagia, ulcers and gastritis among others and other gastrointestinal disease such as peptic ulcer, bleeding. To remedify these effects, it is strictly advised to use the tablets with water and stand/sit to prevent adverse reactions that you may see otherwise.
This medicine has a strong effect on the mineral metabolism of calcium, vitamin D. Hence it is advised that such conditions be corrected before initiating treatment. In such patients, serum calcium legvels and symptoms of hypocalcaemia should be monitored regularly during therapy with Osteofos.
With use of this medicine, patients have reported severe bouts of incapacitating bone, joint and/or muscle pain with a range of 1day to months for the symptom onset. Discontinuing the medication has shown a drop in pain and advised to you as well. Check with your doctor for other readjustive measures if you are adversely affected. If you wish to check for Osteofos 35mg online for more details.
Osteonecrosis of the Jaw
Osteonecrosis of the Jaw has been reported with patients taking bisphosphonates such as Osteofos in association with dental procedures. Therefore, it is advised for anyone initiating therapy for not undergoing dental procedures. A dental examination and proper care is paramount if you are in conflict with such situations.
External auditory canal Osteonecrosis
Osteonecrosis of the external auditory canal is possible with long term use of medications such as Osteofos. Risk factors that elevate such conditions are steroid use, chemotherapy, infections or trauma. In such vulnerable individuals the risk should be carefully considered before participation in therapy with this medicine.
Atypical Subtrochanteric and Diaphyseal Femoral Fractures
Low impact/ trauma fractures have been reported in patients on bisphosphonate medications. These fractures can occur along the femoral shaft. For this, caution is to be exercised with therapy and monitor the condition progress with medical supervision.
If you are allergic to Sodium Alendronate or any other inactive ingredients used in this medicine, you are likely to experience adverse allergic reactions. Check for Osteofos 35mg online or with a doctor for assistance.
This medication is not to be used in Pregnant women for increased risks of adverse health effects in this condition. Consult a doctor for assistance with the use of this medicine.
What are the common substitutes for Osteofos tablets?
One can buy Osteofos 35mg online or it’s common substitutes provided below
- Restofos 70mg tablets
- Denfos 70mg tablets
- Rafomax 70mg tablets
- Alenost 70mg tablets
- Alendrate 70mg tablets
Q. Is this safe with alcohol?
Ans. Alcohol use with this medicine has shown no side effects. Though in rare cases it may cause some reactions. Check with your doctor for assistance.
Q. Is this safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women?
Ans. This medicine is marked unsafe for pregnant women due to adverse health effects possible. For breastfeeding women, the data is unclear.
Q. What precautions should I take with consuming this medicine?
Ans.This medicine should be taken first thing in the morning at least 1 hr before eating or drinking anything with plain water. Stand or sit upright after taking to avoid irritations.
Buy Osteofos 35mg online with AllDayMed
AllDayMed is a trusted medicine supplier with a wide assortment of products. Avail all your prescription requirements shopping with us. You can buy osteofos 35mg online with us and get trusted home delivery with efficient services.