ANTHELMINTIC & ANTI WORM
Anthelmintic drugs are prescriptive medications that act against parasitic worm infections. This includes tapeworms (cestodes), fluke worms (trematodes) and roundworms (nematodes) that commonly infect the blood vessels, gut, intestine in the human body. These infections are common in poor and developing countries.
With a doctor’s consultation on being prescribed for worm infections, one can buy anthelmintic drugs online with a service like ours or retail pharmacy stores.
What are worms and how do they infect?
Worms or helminths are parasites that attack the human body and live inside it feeding itself. They depend on the host for food and safety from the environment. This causes many health problems because of depletion of resources in the host. These worms are classified based on their nature and provided below.
- Roundworms - These are the most occuring roundworm infections and a result of threadworms, ascaris, hookworms, strongyloides stercoralis, vermicularis and trichuris that invade human bodies. They enter the human through food or water with worm eggs. These eggs mature and take hold of the intestine.
- Tapeworms - These worms have ribbon like bodies and anchor themselves with a hook to the gut and feed on for years. They show no symptoms once inside the body but may appear in stools. Infections are caused by consumption of raw and uncooked meat from animals.
- Fluke Worms - There are two types of flukes based on how they infect the host.Tissue flukes infect and take hold in the bile ducts, lungs, or other biological tissues. This group includes Paragonimus westermani, Clonorchis sinensis and Fasciola hepatica.Blood flukes thrive in the blood in a stage of life inside the host. Genus Schistosoma is one such example. The infection is caused through contaminated water with fluke worms usually in larval forms..
What are the common Anthelmintic drugs?
Anthelmintic drugs vary vastly due to the range of worm infections and specific efforts needed. To identify the required drug for an infection, a medical specialist can review the condition and when needed get worm medicine online or otherwise. Some of these anthelmintic drugs are described below.
This is the most common anthelmintic drug used for parasitic infections. Albendazole works by preventing the worm larvae from growing and reproducing inside the host.It is used to treat certain infections caused by intestinal helminths such as pork and dog tapeworms.
Its side effects include headache, stompain, fever, nausea, vomiting, light sensitivity, confusion among others. It should be noted that albendazole is not safe for pregnant women, individuals with eyes or live impairment and bone marrow suppression.
Mebendazole is used against different intestinal parasitic worm infections such as pinworm,guinea, roundworm, and hookworm, giardia, ascaris. This has a broad spectrum of anti-parasitic uses. It is used separately as it acts slowly and treats mild to moderate worm infestations.
Its side effects include vomiting, headache and ringing in ears, thinning of hair and severe diarrhea, abdominal pain, white blood cells and platelets count drop in some rare cases. It is marked pregnancy category C, which implies being unsafe for pregnant women. Check for right worm medicine online for appropriate use in your condition
This is used as an alternative therapy for ascariasis and enterobiasis from infection of Ascaris and Enterobius vermicularis and roundworms intestinal obstruction in children. It works by paralyzing the worms and expelling through stools. Common side effects include dizziness, muscle weakness, abdominal pain, diarrhea, etc. It is contradictory in pregnancy, liver insufficiency, seizure conditions.
Ivermectin (Stromectol) is used against threadworms, whipworms, pinworms and filariasis among others. This is a common replacement for albendazole treatment. It works through uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation. The common side effects reported include dry/burning skin, red eyes, swelling, blurred vision, etc. This is not safe for pregnancy, liver issues, seizures, asthma and any allergic predispositions to Ivermectin or any of its inactive compounds.
This medicine is used for tapeworm infections alone, like diphyllobothriasis and taeniasis. It works by reducing the glucose intake and due to uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation of the parasitic worms. Common side effects for this include nausea, vomiting, constipation, dizziness and itchiness. Interaction with alcohol may elevate the side effects. Check with your doctor for such contradictions before you get anthelmintic drugs online or otherwise.
How do medicines for worms work?
The medicines used for worm infections are distinct for individual cases. Large parts of these anthelmintic medicines work by paralyzing or directly disrupting them on contact. Some cases are provided below.
- Diazole medicines such as Mebendazole, albendazole, fenbendazole and thiabendazole act by inhibiting the absorption of nourishment necessary, which consequently eradicates them in the body.
- The praziquantel and ivermectin medications work on the parasite systems and paralyzes its working. Then they are expunged from the intestines through stools.
Can I buy anti-worm medicines?
Yes, you can buy anti-worm medicines for parastic worm infections. Some of these may be available OTC but most of them are prescription only. It is advised to buy anthelmintic drugs online or anywhere else after a doctor’s consultation only. As the medicines come with some contradictions. For example, mebendazole can be used in adults and children over the age of 2 years only for treating tapeworms. If you want to treat a child under 2 years, you must talk to a doctor.
What are some Anthelmintic drugs?
One can get the following parasitic worm medicine online or in pharmacy retail stores with the list provided.
Distocide 600mg (Praziquantel)
Mebex 100mg (Mebendazole)
Nizonide 500mg (Nitazoxanide)
Yomesan 500mg (Niclosamide)
Banocide Forte 100mg (DiethylCarbamazine)
Buy anthelmintic drugs online with AllDayMed
AllDayMed is an online dispensary providing medicine on order through its web portal. Customers can visit and get their prescription medication requirements fulfilled with our door delivery. Our suppliers are FDA approved and at the top of their industry, giving you the benefit of safety, quality, affordability from shopping with us.
Visit us at AllDayMed.com to see more.