Glycomet GP 2 Mg
- Generic Name : Metformin + Glimepiride
- Brand Name : Glycomet GP 2
- Manufacture Name : US Vitamin
- Presentation : Tablets
- Delivery Days : 10 To 12 Working Days
Glycomet-GP 2mg Tablet PR is a type of antidiabetic drug which is an amalgamation of Glimepiride and Metformin, which is specifically used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It helps control blood sugar levels with diabetes.
Intended for: Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR is prescribed for type 2 diabetes mellitus
Direction for Usage-
Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR must be taken with food. For best results, take the tablet regularly at the same time each day. Your dose amount would be decided by your doctor. The dose is reliable to change from time to time according to your blood sugar levels and its effect on your system. Do not chew, crush, or break it.
It is important to continue taking this medicine, even if you feel completely well or when your blood sugar levels are under control. Stopping it without your doctor consultation might raise your blood sugar levels and put you at risk of severe complications like kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems, and loss of limbs. Monitor your blood sugar level regularly.
You should not take it if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus, diabetic ketoacidosis (high levels of acid in your blood), or severe kidney or liver disease. Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you have ever had heart disease. It may not be suitable for you. Your blood sugar levels should be checked regularly, and your doctor may also advise blood tests to monitor your blood cell counts and liver function.
You can buy Glycomet-GP 2mg Tablet online at All Day Meds.
Common side effects of Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
- Taste change
- Stomach pain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Coping with Taste change
Brush your teeth regularly and rinse your mouth with saltwater/mouthwash after meals. You can use plastic or glass utensils if the food tastes like metal in steel utensils. It is always advised to avoid eating very hot or very cold foods. Chewing mints or gums could also improve the taste. Have more fluids and add foods that have strong flavors (garlic, lemon juice, herbs, spices and pickles or chutneys) Avoid smoking.
Coping with Nausea
Eat small and frequent meals and drink plenty of fluids. Avoid fatty, fried, spicy and sugary foods at all. Get plenty of fresh air. Try chewing ginger or drinking ginger tea. You could also eat bananas to reuptake potassium in your blood, which can drop if you vomit. Intake of oral rehydration salts to make up for the lost vitamins and minerals lost are also advised. Consult your doctor if your situation does not improve.
Coping with Diarrhea
Drink plenty of fluids and electrolytes (sugars and salts) to avoid getting dehydrated. Avoid raw fruits, fruit juice, and vegetables because they contain fiber. Consider your doctor's advice about possible medication to manage diarrhea.
Coping with Stomach pain
Rest, relax, and put a heating pad or hot water bottle on your stomach to relieve the pain. Eat and drink slowly; have smaller and more regular meals. It is important to reduce your intake of coffee, tea, and alcohol as these can worsen the pain. Seek your doctor's advice about possible medication if the pain is unbearable.
Coping with Headache
Take rest and drink plenty of fluids. Avoid sleeping more than required or strain your eyes as well as drinking alcohol. Headaches usually go away with time. In case they persist or worsen, ask your doctor to recommend a painkiller.
You can find Glycomet-GP 2mg Tablet online or at any nearby chemist.
- It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR.
- Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. (Limited Research available)
- Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. It is advised not to drive if you experience any related symptoms.
- Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR should be used with extreme caution by patients having kidney disease. Please consult your doctor for dose adjustment.
- Use of Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease. Regular monitoring of kidney function tests is advisable while you are taking this medicine.
- Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR should also be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor for dose adjustment.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Glycomet-GP 2 Tablet PR may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis (excess of lactic acid in the blood).
- Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).
Can the use of Glycomet-GP cause the deficiency of Vitamin B12?
Yes, Glycomet-GP can cause Vitamin B12 deficiency on long-term use because it interferes with the absorption of Vitamin B12. If left untreated, it might further cause anemia and nerve problems, and the patient can experience tingling sensation and numbness in hands and feet, weakness, urinary problems, change in mental state, and difficulty in maintaining balance (ataxia). To avoid such problems, intake of Vitamin B12 from outside sources at least once a year is recommended.
Can I develop hypoglycemia if I consume Glycomet-GP Tablets?
Yes, you can develop hypoglycemia if you consume Glycomet-GP 2mg Tablets. Symptoms of hypoglycemia include nausea, headache, irritability, hunger, sweating, dizziness, fast heartbeat rate, and feeling anxious or shaky. It occurs more often if you miss or delay your meals. Drinking alcohol, over-exercising, or taking other antidiabetic medicine along with it could also be triggers for developing hypoglycemia. It is advised to keep a quick source of sugar like glucose tablets, honey, or fruit juice within your arm's reach.
Buy Glycomet GP 2mg Tablet online from a Trustworthy Drugstore.
Take all necessary precautions while looking for the online purchasing mediums.
At All Day Med, we are committed to supplying high-quality medications to our consumers. Our services are available all over the USA. We are one of the credible online pharmacies extending an extensive range of medicines to our customers that too at affordable rates and safe delivery. We sell Glycomet GP 2mg Tablet online and are one of the most reputable online pharmacies.