Is Tadalafil Safe for Long term Use?
Tadalafil is one of the most effective medications to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. Those who are using this Ed medication, sold under the Cialis brand, might have a common concern. Is it safe to use tadalafil for a long time? Will there be any serious side effects?
Well, every human has distinct body functions and the requirements also vary. When it comes to treating erectile dysfunction, which is becoming a very common problem among men, it is crucial to know everything about the product you’re using. Although tadalafil is used by a large number of people and is quite effective, you cannot ignore the concern you have with the prolonged out-turn.
While the doctors can suggest the best for you, personally you should be aware of what you’re intaking as well. That’s why, before knowing its effect on your body as a result of long-term use, know how this medicine actually regulates erection.
What is Tadalafil?
Tadalafil is a synthetic compound that is typically formulated with other inactive ingredients like hydroxypropyl cellulose, lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium lauryl sulfate, hypromellose, triacetin, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, magnesium stearate, etc to get the final medicine. The proportion of these chemical substances varies for different drug manufacturers and that’s why it is important to know about the product completely before regular use.
Coming to its using regarding ED, Tadalafil belongs to a particular class named PDE5 inhibitors. PDE5 or phosphodiesterase type 5 is the main reason behind erectile dysfunction. When a man is sexually active or stimulated, a natural compound named cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) starts producing. This is an essential compound for increased blood flow that gradually helps smooth erection. However, PDE5 enzymes break down the formation of cGMP and cause irregular blood circulation. As a result, the muscles in the blood vessels of the penis aren’t relaxed, leading to poor erection.
Tadalafil blocks these PDE5 enzymes and keeps the cGMP production undisturbed. So, erectile dysfunction decreases and men can perform satisfactorily during sexual activities. It also fills the cavernous tissue of external genitals which includes the penis, testes, and scrotum with blood, to attain a hard erection.
Is it safe to use Tadalafil regularly?
With all the advantages mentioned in the last section, Tadalafil seems to be a great medication for men. But with any drugs, there come some sort of side effects too. To attain the best result from Tadalafil without any serious backaction, it is important to follow some guidelines.
- As Tadalafil is a prescribed medicine, it is important to follow the given dosage and frequency. Generally, the dosage starts from 10 mg and one should consume it 30 minutes before sexual activity to get the desired performance. Do not increase or decrease the consumption without an expert’s guidance and there will be no serious side-effects.
- There is no hard and fast rule regarding how to take Tadalafil. It can be taken with or without any food. However, it’s better to avoid alcohol and grapefruit. These liquors consume multiple elements that can manipulate the effectiveness of the medicine. Therefore, it can increase the possibility of side effects.
- For any medical discomfort, it is better to consult the doctor before taking any medicine. Some of the common side effects of Tadalafil include headache, flushing, nasal congestion, indigestion, muscle aches, and back pain. These potential problems vary from person to person and the treatment is different.
- There are other medicines to treat erectile dysfunction with different chemical compositions. If someone is consuming any of those, it is suggested not to change the consumption to Tadalafil without an expert’s guidance. That too can lead to unhealthy consequences.
- If you have any existing medical conditions, let the doctor know beforehand. Application of Tadalafil might disturb your medical condition, if not treated from the beginning. These medical conditions include cardiovascular issues, liver or kidney problems, bleeding disorders, and allergies.
With this, we can draw a conclusion that long-term use of Tadalafil is not an extreme threat to one. However, it is always important to follow the dosage and other precautions mentioned in the last segment. Tadalafil happens to be one of the most effective medications to treat erectile dysfunction. So, for the best results, it is always better to note the points to be on the safer side.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Should I take Tadalafil with food?
Tadalafil can be taken with or without food and it doesn’t manipulate the effectiveness of the medicine. The general time to take it is 30 minutes before sexual activity. However, it is not recommended to consume alcohol while intaking the medicine.
What are the applications of Tadalafil?
Tadalafil is a popular medicine to treat erectile dysfunction among men. Apart from this, it is also used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH. It is an enlarged prostate gland. Also, Tadalafil is effective for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension or PAH. It is a type of high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs.
Where can I buy Tadalafil?
Tadalafil is available from local as well as online pharmacies. Generic Tadalafil brands like Vidalista 20mg, Tadacip oral pills are available. But you need a doctor’s prescription to get the medicine. Even some health insurance plans cover the cost of medicines like Tadalafil.
Are 100% results guaranteed after using Tadalafil?
No medicine can guarantee you 100% results as there are multiple internal and external factors to depend upon. However, if you take the medicine as instructed by the doctor without fail, you will get a satisfactory result. Tadalafil may remain effective for up to 36 hours but that is variable from person to person. So, it is better not to thrive for 100% results but a healthy performance throughout.
Is Tadalafil an Ayurvedic supplement?
No, Tadalafil is a synthetic compound, processed under several pharmaceutical measures. Ayurveda, on the other hand, mostly uses natural herbs and minerals to promote health. However, Tadalafil is an effective medicine to treat ED and it is being prescribed by doctors for a long time.