Acamprol 333 Mg contain acamprosate calcium which belongs to a group of medicine called alcohol abstinence aids. It is used to treat alcohol dependence. It helps to maintain abstinence in alcohol-dependent patients. Acamprol 333 Mg which acts on the central nervous system (brain and the spinal cord).
Acamprol 333 Mg
- Generic Name : Acamprosate
- Brand Name : Campral
- Manufacture Name : Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Presentation : Tablet/s (Blister Packing)
- Delivery Days : 10 To 15 Working Days
Acamprol is a clinical medicine that is used in patients with alcohol dependency. This is commonly used in combination with counselling and mental support therapy activities to prevent an individual from alcohol abuse. It does not help with withdrawal effects that are caused from stopping use of alcohol or similar substances. The active ingredient used in this is Acamprostrate. This is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
This is a prescription only and you can buy Acamprol 333 Mg online with us or any retail pharmacies near you, on doctor’s recommendation.
How does Acamprol 333 Mg work?
Acamprosate, the active ingredient used is hypothesised to work by inhibiting the
glutaminergic N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors and agonising the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptors in the body. This helps with balancing neurological responses to alcohol and in result abstaining from alcoholism.
What are the side effects of using Acamprol 333 Mg?
Side effects are a part of medicative action of using most of the drugs and should be treated in a similar manner. Majority of the side effects exhibited are temporary and mild; do not pose heavy discomfort. However, in rare cases, adverse side effects may develop in individuals due to underlying conditions or other related factors. If so, the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately talk to your doctor to remedy such concerns.
Check the label on the product and user documentation provided. Talk to your doctor or a pharmacist when you buy Acamprol online or in retail for side effects that may be subjected to.
The common side effects may include:
- stomach pain
- loss of appetite
- weight gain/loss
- muscle/joint pain
- Low sex drive
Who should not use Acamprol 333 Mg?
It is best to talk to your doctor/medical practitioner when you buy Acamprol 333 Mg online or otherwise, to get medical advice pertaining to the use of Acamprol 333 Mg with appropriate measures.
The following are the warnings that need to be considered before use:
- The medication doesn’t help with withdrawal effects and should be taken for alcoholism treatment.
- In individuals with suicidal ideation, Acamprol 333 Mg may elevate such behavioural tendencies. Regular monitoring for mood and behaviour changes and updating your doctor of such symptoms is advised. In such instances, readjustment of dosage or alternative therapy measures may be pursued at your doctor's discretion.
- If you have renal impairment, the use of the medicine may cause adverse effects. In general a reduction of dosage is suggested with regular checkups for kidney function by a doctor. You can buy Acamprol 333 Mg online at different dosages suitable to your condition.
- If you have liver impairment, Acamprol 333 Mg is not suitable for use. Readjustment of doses and monitoring of the condition for changes could be recommended by your doctor.
- Alcohol use should be restrained with Acamprol 333 Mg’s treatment, along with other measures of counselling and psychological therapy for better self control in the individual. Treatment should be continued even if the patient relapses.
- If you are allergic to Acamprosate or any of the other inactive constituents of the medicine, you may develop allergic reactions.
How to use Acamprol 333 Mg?
Acamprol tablets are available OTC, however the use of the medicine should be as per doctor’s instructions.
Discuss your medical history and other factors that may interfere with the treatment beforehand, if you decide to buy Acamprol 333 Mg online.
Check the label on the product and user documentation for use directions or talk to your doctor for assistance.
Take the medicine at recommended dosages, with or without food at regular intervals in a day.
Do not crush, chew the tablet; swallow it whole with adequate quantities of water.
If you relapse and start drinking alcohol, continue with the treatment using the medicine and tell your doctor.
If you missed a dose, take it at once, as soon as possible. Avoid taking extra doses to compensate for missed doses, skip any one dose and go back to your normal schedule.
If you overdose, call for emergency medical help immediately as may develop fatal symptoms.
What are the substitutes available for Acamprol 333 Mg?
Any kind of medicine substitution should be approved by your doctor to avoid potential issues. Before changing medicine make sure that the substitute medicine has similar effects and doesn't alter your treatment progress. You can buy Acamprol online or get any of close substitutes, that are provided below:
- Campsate 333mg Tablet - Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Acmacal 333mg Tablet - Psycormedies
- Sanprol 333mg Tablet - Sanity Pharma
- Loycium 333mg Tablet - Enrico Pharmaceuticals
- Acamptas 333 Tablet - Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
The anti-alcohol medicine should be stored at room temperature between 10-30°C, away from light and moisture.
The product must be put away from children and pets to avoid accidents of poisoning.
Frequently asked questions
Who should take Acamprol 333 Mg?
Any individual with alcoholism problems with medical diagnosis by a doctor can take Acamprol 333 Mg. It is suitable for use only in individuals over 18 years.
What is the reaction of taking alcohol with Acamprol 333 Mg?
No, do not take alcohol with the medicine as it will likely result in side effects of vomiting, headache, diarrhea etc.
Is Acamprol 333 Mg more effective if taken in more than the recommended dose?
No, taking the medicine in higher doses than the recommended dose will not help you. In turn, it may cause severe side effects that may be detrimental. Talk to your doctor when you buy Acamprol 333 Mg online for appropriate dosage for use.
Can Acamprol 333 Mg be used in pregnant and breastfeeding women?
Acamprol 333 Mg is not suitable for use in pregnant and breastfeeding women. It may cause adverse effects and increase the risks for potential problems. Take the medicine if its use is clearly warranted under medical supervision of a doctor.
Does Acamprol 333 Mg affect kidney function?
Acamprol 333 Mg is advised to be used with caution in kidney patients due to its adverse effects in such cases. Reduction of dosage along with other measures is necessary for safe use under doctor’s care.
What is the duration of effects of the medicine in the body?
The amount of time for which Acamprol 333 Mg shows effects in the body is not clearly established in the medical community.
What is the time for onset of action with the medicine?
The effects of the medicine are strongest at about 3-8 hrs from administration of the dose.
Does Acamprol 333 Mg cause any habit forming?
No, any reports of habit forming with the medicine have not been established. Talk to your doctor for case specific medical advice.
Buy Acamprol 333 Mg online in USA from India
Generic Medicne Store is an online retailer with a great collection of safe and authentic medicines that are available for customers at best market prices. One can get Acamprol 333 Mg at different variations and strengths through our digital pharmacy portal. We deliver within 10 days of delivery confirmation, right at your doorstep.Visit AllDayMed.com to shop now.